PHP/SQL 3: Seamless Web 2.0 Integration
In this course, you will learn advanced User Interface techniques using PHP and SQL, and will learn to build a dynamic website as a whole, using efficient and reusable code and seamlessly integrating Web 2.0 design patterns, object-oriented PHP, and other technologies and techniques.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major Web 2.0 concepts: Web as a Platform, Data as the “Intel Inside,” Collective Intelligence, Customer Self-Service, Folksonomy, and Lightweight Programming Models.
- Build back-end code that demonstrates reusability, extensibility, safety, and portability.
- Create a front-end user interface that employs consistent navigation, customization, and professional use of online real estate.
- Implement object-oriented PHP elements such as classes, objects, scope, inheritance, polymorphism, magic methods, encapsulation, and access control.
- Develop a full-fledged Web 2.0 web site from scratch.
From beginning to end, you will learn by doing SQL-based projects and submitting them for instructor feedback. These projects, as well as the final project, will add to your portfolio and will contribute to certificate completion.
This course counts toward the PHP/SQL Programming Certificate Series.
Prerequisites: PHP/SQL 2: Relational Theory and Logical Design, or equivalent skills. This course is meant for the intermediate or advanced database programmer.
90 Clock-hours 6 CEUs
Course Details and Syllabus
|Course:||PHP/SQL 3: Seamless Web 2.0 Integration|
|Time Frame:||This course is online and self-paced. You can expect to work approximately 90 hours on this course.|
|Technical Requirements:||As long as you have a web browser and internet connection, you can take this course from anywhere in the world.|
|CEUs:||6 Continuing Education Units with official letter from O’Reilly Media.|
|Software:||The web-based Learning Sandbox® provided for you will contain all your lessons, projects, quizzes, account files, editors, and programming tools necessary to build your skills from beginning to end, even beyond coursework. In addition, you’ll be provided with a mySQL account that can be accessed through the Sandbox or, if you prefer, any normal SSH program. No other software is needed.|
|Instructor:||You will have one instructor throughout the course who will evaluate your projects and quizzes, hand them back for improvement when necessary, and coach you throughout your skills advancement.|
|Book:||All required course materials and software are included online within the Learning Sandbox®. However, within a few weeks of enrolling, you’ll receive the e-book Web 2.0 A Strategy Guide as a reference resource from O’Reilly.
|Certificates:||Completion of this course counts toward the PHP/SQL Certificate Series.|
|Prerequisites:||Introduction to PHP, PHP/SQL 1: Introduction to Database Programming, and PHP/SQL 2: Relational Theory and Logical Design, or equivalent skills in PHP and SQL. This course is meant for the intermediate or advanced database programmer.|