Introduction to PHP
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop web applications using basic PHP elements such as delimiters, control structures, operators, variables, arrays, and functions.
- Manipulate dates and strings using built-in PHP functions and regular expressions.
- Debug and improve code for better reusability and scalability.
- Create dynamic web forms using internet tools such as input , environment, and server variables, HTTP headers, and query strings.
- Read, write, manage, and download files through PHP-based web applications.
- Track user information using cookies and sessions.
- Build a full-fledged shopping cart system.
From beginning to end, you will learn by doing your own PHP-based projects and submitting them for instructor feedback. These projects, as well as the final project, will add to your portfolio and provide needed experience. Besides a browser and internet connection, all software is provided online by the O’Reilly School of Technology.
Prerequisites: Introduction to HTML and CSS or equivalent skills. This course is meant for the beginning or intermediate programmer.
Course Details and Syllabus
|Course:||Introduction to PHP|
|Time Frame:||This course is online and self-paced. You can expect to work approximately 90 hours on this course.|
|Technical Requirements:||As long as you have a web browser and internet connection, you can take this course from anywhere in the world.|
|Software:||The web-based Learning Sandbox™ provided for you will contain all your lessons, projects, quizzes, account files, editors, and parsing tools necessary to build your skills from beginning to end, even beyond coursework. No other software is needed.|
|Instructor:||You will have one instructor throughout the course who will evaluate your projects and quizzes, hand them back for improvement when necessary, and coach you throughout your skills advancement.|
|Book:||All required course materials and software are included online within the Learning Sandbox™. However, within a few weeks of enrolling, you’ll receive the e-book Head First PHP & MySQL as a reference resource from O’Reilly.
|Certificates:||Completion of this course counts toward the Back-End Web Development Certificate Series, Open Source Programming Certificate Series and the PHP/SQL Programming Certificate Series.|
|Prerequisites:||Introduction to HTML and CSS, or equivalent HTML coding skills. This course is meant for the beginning or intermediate programmer.|
|Topics:||Variables, Operators, Control Structures, Loops, Arrays, Strings, Environment Variables, HTML Forms & Headers, Cookies & Sessions, Files, Date & Time, Debugging, Code Reusability and Readability, etc.|
On your way to a Certificate of Professional Development:
Introduction to PHP$398.00
Introduction to PHP $398.00
Perl 1: Introduction to Perl $448.00
Python 1: Beginning Python $548.00
Introduction to PHP $398.00