Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Use JSON to serialize data for storage in the browser or on the server.
- Store and retrieve data using Ajax and LocalStorage.
- Optimize your DOM manipulation code with Document Fragments.
- Use Strings and Dates more effectively in your code.
- Catch errors with Exceptions.
- Add location and maps to your applications with Geolocation and Google Maps.
- Modularize your code with Modernizr.
- Build a dynamic, interactive, front-end web application.
This course counts toward the Client Side Web Programming Certificate Series.
90 Clock-hours 6 CEUs
Course Details and Syllabus
|Time Frame:||This course is online and self-paced. You can expect to work approximately 90 hours on this course.|
|Technical Requirements:||As long as you have a web browser and internet connection, you can take this course from anywhere in the world.|
|CEUs:||6 Continuing Education Units with official letter from O’Reilly Media.|
|Software:||The web-based Learning Sandbox® provided for you will contain all your lessons, projects, quizzes, account files, editors, and rendering tools necessary to build your skills from beginning to end, even beyond coursework. No other software is needed.|
|Instructor:||You will have one instructor throughout the course who will evaluate your projects and quizzes, hand them back for improvement when necessary, and coach you throughout your skills advancement.|
|Certificates:||Completion of this course counts toward the Client Side Web Programming Certificate Series.|
|Topics:||Browser detection, JSON, string objects, form validation, Geolocation, using the Google Maps API, cookies and how to create user-friendly AJAX applications, etc.|