Web Programming Certificate
For a limited time, save 25% on this certificate series
* This offer expires January 7, 2015 at 11:59pm PT and cannot be combined with any other discounts.
Upon completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Create fundamental HTML elements and attributes including links, images, tables, forms, spans and divs, as well as new HTML elements like section and article.
- Utilize Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to control the look and placement of elements.
- Develop XML projects that use DTDs, schemas, XSL and XPath.
- Create PHP scripts that use variables, operators, control structures, loops, arrays, strings, functions, cookies, and sessions.
- Create PHP scripts that obtain input from the user and interact with a database.
- Use basic database theory to design a relational SQL database, SQL tables and create complex queries.
- Execute basic UNIX commands, including those necessary for file and directory navigation, manipulation, and permissions.
- Install your own Apache web server using real Redhat Linux Systems provided by O’Reilly School of Technology.
Upon completion, you will have earned a Certificate of Professional Development. You will also have access to the attractive websites and robust database applications that you’ve built and will be able to display as part of your professional portfolio.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite skill or programming experience is required.
|Introduction to HTML and CSS||90|
|Introduction to XML||60|
|Introduction to PHP||90|
|PHP/SQL 1: Introduction to Database Programming||90|
|Unix for Web Programming||30|
*An additional registration fee is charged in the amount of 20% of tuition, up to no more than $200 per transaction. For a list of all mandatory and optional fees, please see Tuition and Fees.
Hear from one of our Web Programming Certificate Alumni