Perl Programming Certificate
For a limited time, save 25% on this certificate series
* This offer expires October 6, 2014 at 11:59pm PT and cannot be combined with any other discounts.
The Perl Programming certificate series comprises four courses that take students from a complete beginner to an advanced level that includes use of reusable code and creation of objects for network-based applications. All courses are delivered via the CodeRunner learning IDE and require only that you be online and able to use a browser.
Upon completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Create Perl scripts that use variables, conditionals, interpolation, arrays, lists, hashes, subroutines, loops, formatted printing, data mapping, and sorting.
- Implement Perl scripts that work with external files.
- Utilize regular expressions, exception handling, multiprocessing, objects, and complex data structures.
- Develop applications that perform complex text processing, web page scraping and form handling, and database interaction.
- Navigate third-party code in the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) and use it in your own applications.
Upon completion, you will have earned a Certificate of Professional Development, and you will have built large-scale web interfaces and database applications in Perl 5 that can be displayed as part of your professional portfolio.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite skills or programming experience is required.
|Perl 1: Introduction to Perl||60|
|Perl 2: Intermediate Perl||60|
|Perl 3: Advanced Perl||60|
|Perl 4: Applied Perl||60|
*An additional registration fee is charged in the amount of 20% of tuition, up to no more than $200 per transaction. For a list of all mandatory and optional fees, please see Tuition and Fees.
Hear more from one of our alumni: