Linux Systems Administration Certificate
For a limited time, save 25% on this certificate series
* This offer expires January 7, 2015 at 11:59pm PT and cannot be combined with any other discounts.
The Linux Systems Administration Certificate series is comprised of four courses that cover basic Linux system administration. Students access real Redhat Linux Systems provided by O’Reilly School of Technology on which they have root privileges. All courses are delivered via the CodeRunner learning IDE and require only that you be online and able to use a browser
Upon completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Linux file system and assign permissions to files and directories.
- Demonstrate how to use find, grep, and regular expressions to search files and directories.
- Install SSH and use SCP.
- Create and manage system users.
- Configure an Ethernet device and DNS service from scratch.
- Configure email including mail transport agents, local delivery agents, and server side filtering.
- Install your own Apache web server and configure it so that it can run in conjunction with PHP and a relational database.
- Create scripts to perform basic system administration tasks to run commands, manipulate files, and rotate log files.
This series will enable you to garner the skills, experience and confidence needed to build, network, maintain, and automate complex Linux or Unix based systems. Upon completion, not only will you have earned a Certificate of Professional Development, but you will also have built your very own server network as part of your professional portfolio.
Plus, you can extend your knowledge beyond the certificate program with our new course, Linux Systems Administration: Fundamentals of Linux Security, which introduces the more advanced area of network security. This course will help you improve the security of your Linux systems by teaching you to think like an attacker.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite skills or programming experience is required.
|Linux Systems Administration: The Command Line||90|
|Linux Systems Administration: Networking and Package Management||90|
|Linux Systems Administration: Services||90|
|Linux Systems Administration: Sed, Awk, and Perl||90|
*An additional registration fee is charged in the amount of 20% of tuition, up to no more than $200 per transaction. For a list of all mandatory and optional fees, please see Tuition and Fees.
Hear more from one of our alumni: