Java Programming Certificate
The Java Programming Certificate series is comprised of four courses covering beginning to advanced Java and object-oriented programming concepts, as well as skills using the Eclipse open-source IDE (Integrated Development Environment). All courses are delivered via the Eclipse-based Ellipse learning IDE and require only that you be online and able to use a browser.
Upon completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Build Java code that exemplifies the fundamental concepts of object-oriented design, including classes, methods, scope, and inheritance.
- Create applications in Java that interact with databases, and use concurrency, interactive GUI (Graphical User Interface), I/O and sockets.
- Develop Java-based software using the Eclipse open-source Integrated Development Environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of classes within the Java API.
- Demonstrate understanding of generics and collections.
- Apply professional standards such as error checking, exception handling, and documentation to Java software.
Upon completion, not only will you have earned CEUs and an O’Reilly Certificate of Professional Development, but you will also have built several robust Java applications that can be displayed as part of your professional portfolio.
Plus, you can extend your knowledge beyond the certificate program with our new Java 5 course with advanced topics. Java 5 covers multi-threaded servers, communication with remote servers, XML XSD protocol, controllers that follow this protocol, and JUnit test cases. See more about our Java 5 course.
|Java 1: Introduction to Java and the Eclipse Development Environment||90||6||$398.00|
|Java 2: The Java Programming Language||90||6||$398.00|
|Java 3: Java Programming Foundations||90||6||$398.00|
|Java 4: Java Applications Building||90||6||$398.00|
*An additional registration fee is charged in the amount of 20% of tuition, up to no more than $200 per transaction. For a list of all mandatory and optional fees, please see Tuition and Fees.