Database Administration Certificate
For a limited time, save 25% on this certificate series
* This offer expires January 7, 2015 at 11:59pm PT and cannot be combined with any other discounts.
The Database Administration certificate series is comprised of four courses covering the SQL language, database administration techniques, and data warehousing. Courses are delivered using both the CodeRunner and Eclipse-based Talend Open Studio and require only that you be online and able to use a browser. You will use Talend Open Studio to build a data warehouse.
Upon completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Write complex SQL queries to manage data and report on it in a variety of ways.
- Create, back up, restore, optimize, and analyze database performance problems.
- Analyze data-related business questions in order to create a data warehouse from scratch.
- Query a data warehouse in order to answer common business questions.
This series will enable you to garner the skills, experience and confidence needed to build, administer, and analyze large-scale database systems. Upon completion, not only will you have a Certificate of Professional Development, but you will also have built a complex data warehouse that can be displayed as part of your professional portfolio.
Prerequisites: Although no prerequisite skills or programming experience is required, familiarity with variables and data types is recommended. This certificate series is meant for the intermediate programmer.
|DBA 1: Introduction to Database Administration||90|
|DBA 2: Administering MySQL||90|
|DBA 3: Creating a Data Warehouse||135|
|DBA 4: Analyzing Data||135|
*An additional registration fee is charged in the amount of 20% of tuition, up to no more than $200 per transaction. For a list of all mandatory and optional fees, please see Tuition and Fees.
Learn more from one of our Database Administration alumni: