Client-Side Programming Certificate
For a limited time, save 25% on this certificate series
* This offer expires August 4, 2014 at 11:59pm PT and cannot be combined with any other discounts.
Upon Completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Create fundamental HTML elements and attributes including links, images, tables, forms, spans and divs, as well as some of the new HTML elements like section and article.
- Utilize Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to control the look and placement of elements.
- Use JSON to serialize data for storage in the browser or on the server.
- Store and retrieve data using AJAX and LocalStorage.
- Optimize your DOM manipulation code with document fragments.
- Use Strings and Dates more effectively in your code.
- Catch errors with exceptions.
- Add location and maps to your applications with geolocation and Google Maps.
- Modularize your code with Modernizr.
This series will give you the skills and experience needed to create rich user experiences on the Web, from beginning HTML to web services. Upon completion, not only will you have a Certificate of Professional Development, but you will also have built an attractive, robust website that can be displayed as part of your professional portfolio.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite skills or programming experience is required.
|Introduction to HTML and CSS||90|
*An additional registration fee is charged in the amount of 20% of tuition, up to no more than $200 per transaction. For a list of all mandatory and optional fees, please see Tuition and Fees.
Learn more from one of our Client-Side Programming Alumni