Online IT Certificate Programs
Help Boost Your Career with More Skills and Credentials
Earn an O’Reilly School of Technology Certificate of Professional Development as a way to bolster your IT credentials and help boost your career. Each Certificate is sponsored by O’Reilly Media, the IT industry’s catalyst and advocate for adopting innovative ideas from alpha geeks and thought leaders.
Our certificate programs engage students online in a real-world programming environment, where they learn code by making code, while receiving one-on-one guidance from their instructors. This method ensures that students who complete the program have achieved job-ready proficiency in the skills covered and have built a professional portfolio of work that demonstrates this to employers and clients.
To get started, look through the listing below and click through on the programs that interest you to learn more.
O’Reilly School of Technology currently offers the following online IT certificate programs:
- C#.NET Programming Certificate: Develop a comprehensive understanding of the C# language with this C#.NET Programming Certificate. This four-course series covers basic to complex programming skills in C# and the .NET Framework. You will learn how to create Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) as well as build complex C#.NET applications.
- Database Administration Certificate: The Database Administration certificate series is comprised of four courses covering the SQL language, database administration techniques, data warehousing, and the MDX language. This series will enable you to garner the skills, experience and confidence needed to build, administer, and analyze large-scale database systems.
- Java Programming Certificate: The Java Programming Certificate series consists of four courses covering very beginning to advanced Java and object-oriented programming concepts, as well as skills using the Eclipse-based Ellipse IDE. Upon completion, not only will you have earned CEUs and an O’Reilly Certificate of Professional Development, but also you will have built several robust Java applications that can be displayed as part of your professional portfolio. Plus, you can extend your knowledge beyond the certificate program with our new Java 5 course, covering advanced topics.
- Linux Systems Administration Certificate: The Linux Systems Administration Certificate series consists of four courses covering very beginning to advanced system administration concepts, as well as using the CodeRunner open-source IDE with access to your own root server account. This series will enable you to garner the skills, experience and confidence needed to build, network, maintain, and automate complex Linux- or Unix- based systems.
- Open Source Programming Certificate: Acquire the skills necessary for a complete understanding of programming using open source operating systems, languages, libraries, and databases. This five-course series covers Perl programming, SQL database programming, PHP programming, Python programming, and basic Linux/Unix system administration.
- Perl Programming Certificate: The Perl Programming certificate series consists of four courses that take you from a complete beginner to an advanced level, including reusable code and creation of objects for network-based applications. Upon completion, you will have earned CEUs and an O’Reilly Certificate of Professional Development, and you will have built large-scale web interfaces and database applications in Perl 5 that can be displayed as part of your professional portfolio.
- PHP/SQL Programming Certificate: The PHP/SQL Programming certificate series consists of four courses covering beginning to advanced PHP and SQL. It includes core technical and theoretical skills necessary for a complete understanding of database programming using the open-source LAMP (Linux, Apache, mySQL, PHP) framework, advanced database theory, and Web 2.0 design patterns.
- Python Programming Certificate: The Python Programming certificate series consists of four courses, covering very beginning to advanced Python, using Test Driven Development. In this series you will create Python scripts and applications, allowing you to build large-scale web interfaces and database applications that can be displayed as part of your professional portfolio.