Tuition and Fees
Student Right To Cancel
In compliance with California state law, as an O’Reilly School of Technology student you have the right to cancel your enrollment agreement and obtain a refund of charges paid through attendance at the first class session, or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later. The moment your admission is processed at O’Reilly School of Technology, all lessons, course materials, tools and assignments are immediately transmitted and made available to you; therefore, the first class session begins the same day your enrollment agreement is executed. For this reason, you have the right to cancel your entire enrollment agreement, and all courses within it, for a 100% refund of all charges paid, through the seventh day after that date.
To cancel this agreement and withdraw from ALL courses listed in that agreement within the 7-day grace period, log in to your Student Start Page (https://oreillyschool.com/student/) and follow the instructions listed under “Cancel Your Enrollment Agreement.” You may be asked to fill out a short survey and cancellation form. You may also notify O’Reilly School of Technology via email; however, California state law requires all cancellation notifications to be made in writing, so we cannot accept phone or other verbal cancellations. Once you have submitted this form, you will receive the agreed-upon refund amount as soon as possible; within 30 days of the date your form is received by O’Reilly School of Technology.
If you opt to cancel, you will not be eligible for course completion, Continuing Education Units, or Certificate graduation, regardless of the percentage of coursework completed.
If after seven days you are still enrolled in one or more courses listed in the Enrollment Agreement, the following refund policy will apply:
- The registration fee will be nonrefundable.
- If you withdraw from any course within the initial enrollment period listed above and have completed less than 60% of that course, you are entitled to a prorated refund of that course based on the percentage of the course not yet completed.
- The completion percentage is based on the number of assignments (quizzes or projects) that have been handed in at least once, divided by the total number of assignments in that course. Due to the self-paced nature of courses and periodic course updates, the number of assignments for a course may change at any time.
- If you have completed 60% or more of a course, you are no longer entitled to a refund for that course.
- After the enrollment period listed in your Enrollment Agreement has passed, no refunds shall be issued for any course tuition or registration fees, regardless of completion percentage.
- If you withdraw from a course and then re-enroll at a later date, full tuition and registration fees may apply, regardless of previous completion and/or refund percentage.
To withdraw from any or all courses after the initial 7-day period, log into your Student Start Page (https://oreillyschool.com/ student/) and navigate to the “Account” tab. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Withdraw From Courses.”
You may be asked to fill out a short survey, sign a withdrawal form agreeing to the amount of refund that will be applied, and verify that you understand the implications of withdrawing and re-enrolling at a later date. You may also notify OST via email or mail; however, CA state law requires all withdrawal notifications to be made in writing, so we cannot accept phone or other verbal cancellations. Within 30 days from the date we receive this signed and dated form, OST will remit the agreed-upon refund amount.