Tuition and Fees
Tuition ranges from $198 to $548 per course. Tuition for each course must be paid in full before enrollment is fully activated.
- If paid by credit card via O’Reilly School of Technology’s web-based enrollment system, the enrollment is processed immediately, and you may begin work on the course right away.
- If paid by check, wire transfer, or money order, the enrollment will be processed and courses may be started once payment is received in full.
If you are pursuing a Certificate of Professional Development, you can pay tuition for all courses at one time and have all courses available for completion immediately, or you can pay for and take the courses within the certificate series individually.
Additional Mandatory and Optional Non-Refundable Fees
Mandatory Registration Fee: Upon enrollment in one or more courses, an additional mandatory registration fee will be charged. This fee is non-refundable after 7 days. The fee amount will total 20% of tuition, up to no more than $200 per transaction. This fee takes care of administrative costs for the duration of the enrollment period.
Safari Books Online Library Fee: As an O’Reilly School of Technology student, you may choose to purchase access to O’Reilly School of Technology’s Library service, Safari Books Online, at a 30% discount after the first 7 days of your enrollment. The discounted fee for choosing this optional service is $19.95 per month (discounted from $27.99 per month) for 10 books and videos per month or $30.09 per month (discounted from $42.99 per month) on unlimited books and videos per month. The use of Safari Books Online is purely optional and is non-refundable.
NOTICE: All tuition and fee amounts are subject to change without notice. O’Reilly School of Technology reserves the right to refuse admission, continuation, or reinstatement to any student.
Student Right To Cancel
In compliance with California state law, as an O’Reilly School of Technology student you have the right to cancel your enrollment agreement and obtain a refund of charges paid through attendance at the first class session, or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later. The moment your admission is processed at O’Reilly School of Technology, all lessons, course materials, tools and assignments are immediately transmitted and made available to you; therefore, the first class session begins the same day your enrollment agreement is executed. For this reason, you have the right to cancel your entire enrollment agreement, and all courses within it, for a 100% refund of all charges paid, through the seventh day after that date.
To cancel this agreement and withdraw from ALL courses listed in that agreement within the 7-day grace period, log in to your Student Start Page (https://oreillyschool.com/student/) and follow the instructions listed under “Cancel Your Enrollment Agreement.” You may be asked to fill out a short survey and cancellation form. You may also notify O’Reilly School of Technology via email; however, California state law requires all cancellation notifications to be made in writing, so we cannot accept phone or other verbal cancellations. Once you have submitted this form, you will receive the agreed-upon refund amount as soon as possible; within 30 days of the date your form is received by O’Reilly School of Technology.
If you opt to cancel, you will not be eligible for course completion, Continuing Education Units, or Certificate graduation, regardless of the percentage of coursework completed.
If after seven days you are still enrolled in one or more courses listed in the Enrollment Agreement, the following refund policy will apply:
- The registration fee will be nonrefundable.
- If you withdraw from any course within the initial enrollment period listed above and have completed less than 60% of that course, you are entitled to a prorated refund of that course based on the percentage of the course not yet completed.
- The completion percentage is based on the number of assignments (quizzes or projects) that have been handed in at least once, divided by the total number of assignments in that course. Due to the self-paced nature of courses and periodic course updates, the number of assignments for a course may change at any time.
- If you have completed 60% or more of a course, you are no longer entitled to a refund for that course.
- After the enrollment period listed in your Enrollment Agreement has passed, no refunds shall be issued for any course tuition or registration fees, regardless of completion percentage.
- If you withdraw from a course and then re-enroll at a later date, full tuition and registration fees may apply, regardless of previous completion and/or refund percentage.
To withdraw from any or all courses after the initial 7-day period, log into your Student Start Page (https://oreillyschool.com/ student/) and navigate to the “Account” tab. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Withdraw From Courses.”
You may be asked to fill out a short survey, sign a withdrawal form agreeing to the amount of refund that will be applied, and verify that you understand the implications of withdrawing and re-enrolling at a later date. You may also notify OST via email or mail; however, CA state law requires all withdrawal notifications to be made in writing, so we cannot accept phone or other verbal cancellations. Within 30 days from the date we receive this signed and dated form, OST will remit the agreed-upon refund amount.
Obligations for Tuition Assistance
O’Reilly School of Technology does not offer scholarships, grants, student loans, or tuition assistance of any kind. However, we are happy to assist you in filling out paperwork for any outside tuition assistance you may use for your O’Reilly School of Technology education.
If you obtain outside tuition assistance or financial aid in order to pay for O’Reilly School of Technology courses, then you are obligated to abide by the rules set forth by the institution, corporation, or organization providing those funds. These obligations include, but are not limited to, full repayment of all loans and interest, as well as repayment of any funds in the event of incomplete, withdrawn, or refunded courses. O’Reilly School of Technology shall not be responsible for repayment of any financial aid or tuition assistance to any outside party.
If you are eligible for a loan guaranteed by the federal or state government and you default on the loan, both of the following may occur:
- The federal or state government or a loan guarantee agency may take action against you, including applying any income tax refund to which you are entitled to reduce the balance owed on the loan.
- You may not be eligible for any other federal student financial aid at another institution or other government assistance until the loan is repaid.
Tax Deductions for Educational Expenses
U.S. Treasury Regulation 1.162.5 permits an income tax deduction for educational expenses (registration fees, costs of travel, meals, and lodging) undertaken to:
- Maintain or improve skills required in one’s employment or trade or business.
- Meet specific requirements of an employer or law imposed as a condition to retention of employment, job status, or rate of compensation.
Please check with your tax preparer, advisor, CPA, and/or the Internal Revenue Service.
When you enroll in a course or program, O’Reilly School of Technology must collect all tuition and registration fees before you are able to complete the admissions process. There are several ways you may submit payment:
Payment via credit card: O’Reilly School of Technology accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, through a secure SSL Connection, using the PCI-Compliant Braintree Payment Processor. You may enter your credit card information through our secure online enrollment form. You will be directed to an electronic version of the Enrollment Agreement, which you will need to sign, and submit electronically. If you pay in this manner, and meet all the admissions requirements, your course or program will become immediately available to you.
Payment via invoice: If you chose to pay by invoice, your Enrollment Agreement will need to be downloaded, printed, and signed. Your admissions documents become available upon finalization of the enrollment. Using the invoice method of payment, your registration will be listed as “pending” and the admissions process will not be complete until O’Reilly School of Technology receives and processes your payment and supporting documentation.
When you choose the invoice method of payment, the invoice may be paid in several ways:
- Check, Money Order, or Cashier’s Check. Any of these three forms of payment are acceptable only if sent by a financial institution that is recognized as valid in the U.S. and written in the form of U.S. Dollars. Payment must be made out to “O’Reilly School of Technology” and sent for the total amount of the O’Reilly School of Technology invoice presented by the enrollment interface, along with a hard copy of the invoice, all signed agreements, and any other required supporting documentation to the following address:
1005 Gravenstein Hwy North
Sebsastopol, CA 95472 USA
- Purchase Order. Some organizations require a purchase order (P.O.) to be produced before a payment will be remitted. In this case, the enrollment interface contains a feature that allows you to add a purchase order number to the online invoice. You will be responsible for the creation of the P.O. at your organization, the addition of the P.O. number to the O’Reilly School of Technology invoice, and for following through with company payment. However, our Student Services personnel will be happy to assist you and/or your manager or other organizational staff in the process. O’Reilly School of Technology will not process your enrollment until full payment and all required admission documents are received and processed using the same procedures as those for checks, money orders, or cashier’s checks.
- Wire Transfer. This form of payment is acceptable only if sent by a financial institution that is recognized as valid in the U.S. and in the form of either U.S. Dollars or a currency that can be converted to U.S. Dollars automatically during the transfer process. Also, the transfer amount must be sufficient to cover any external wire transfer fees, in addition to the total amount listed in the O’Reilly School of Technology invoice. If you wish to use this method of payment, you must contact our Student Services team via email (email@example.com) or phone (707-827-7187). The Student Services team member will then provide the wire transfer information and instructions. Your enrollment will be considered “pending” until full payment is received and processed by O’Reilly School of Technology.
- Credit Card. As an alternative to the methods listed above, your manager may contact Student Services by phone to provide the credit card information for your enrollment. If you wish to use this method, all of the admissions documents must be provided prior to your company contacting us with the credit card information. You may provide the supporting documents via mail, fax, or email as follows:
1005 Gravenstein Hwy North
Sebsastopol, CA 95472 USA
O’Reilly School of Technology occasionally offers a limited-time discount on tuition for some courses. When offered, these discounts are available to everyone and are published on the O’Reilly School of Technology website with specific start and end dates.
Past Due Obligations
Since students are not admitted into O’Reilly School of Technology courses or programs until after full payment is received, there are no past due obligations.