Mission, Goals, and Objectives
O’Reilly School of Technology Mission Statement
At O’Reilly School of Technology, our passion is Learning by Making.
The O’Reilly School of Technology fosters exploration, learning, and achievement in an environment where students and instructors are partners in discovery. We provide online distance education where theory is put into practice, and students become accomplished builders of technology.
At the O’Reilly School of Technology we strive to:
- provide quality online professional development programs that enable learners to meet their academic, professional, and personal goals.
- maintain the currency and relevance of our courses and curricula to keep up with trends and the changing needs of the workforce.
- be a leader in the development of tools and technologies that support guided constructionist methods in online teaching and learning.
- implement optimal technical solutions to deliver online programs and services with maximum accessibility and flexibility.
- promote Learning by Making within STEM and related fields.
- embody in our educational practices the highest ethical and professional standards, principles of academic integrity, and respect for the individual.
All programs offered at the O’Reilly School of Technology share the following learning objectives. These objectives are continually shaped by students, faculty, staff, employers, and by changes within the Information Technology (IT) and STEM fields. Each learner is expected to:
- demonstrate mastery of the course and program learning objectives.
- apply the skills learned in the course or program to create substantial projects, similar to those they will encounter and produce in the real world.
- generate multiple possible solutions to problems by thinking creatively and analytically.
- evaluate possible approaches and solutions according to best practices in the field.
- integrate learning from successive courses into increasingly complex solutions.
The O’Reilly School of Technology, is a division of O’Reilly Media, Inc.