Mission, Goals, and Objectives
O’Reilly School of Technology Mission Statement
At O’Reilly School of Technology, our passion is Learning by Making.
The O’Reilly School of Technology fosters exploration, learning, and achievement in an environment where students and instructors are partners in discovery. O’Reilly School of Technology provides distance education where theory is put into practice, and students become accomplished builders of technology.
The O’Reilly School of Technology is committed to:
- Improve students’ lives by encouraging and helping them to become passionate, curious, and competent learners.
- Help students obtain valuable workforce skills.
- Model the value of Learning by Making through the use of information technology.
- Be a leader in the development of tools and technologies that support guided constructionist methods in online teaching and learning.
- Implement optimal technical solutions to deliver online programs and services with maximum accessibility and flexibility.
- Prepare a consistent flow of technically skilled graduates who can contribute to the open-source and IT professional communities.
- Embody in our educational practices the highest ethical and professional standards, principles of academic integrity, and respect for the individual.
All courses offered at the O’Reilly School of Technology share the following learning objectives. These objectives are continually shaped by students, faculty, staff, employers, and by changes within the Information Technology (IT) field.
In courses, students will learn how to:
- Apply skills as a programmer to create substantial coding projects, similar to those they will encounter in the real world.
- Integrate knowledge and skills from the field of Information Technology into their approach to problems.
- Generate multiple possible solutions to problems by thinking creatively and analytically.
- Evaluate possible approaches and solutions according to best practices in the field.
Certificate graduates will learn how to:
- Create solutions within a specific domain or set of domains (programming languages, web development, server, client, system administration).
- Integrate learning from successive courses into increasingly complex solutions.
- Apply the skills and knowledge they acquire throughout their coursework in a professional setting.
The O’Reilly School of Technology, as a division of O’Reilly Media, Inc., is committed to providing quality educational programs and operating ethically and professionally, with academic integrity and respect for the individual.